Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flat on my Back

Because of marathon training, I've basically limited myself to attending WFBC once a week on Wednesdays. It makes me pretty sad because it is probably my favorite workout ever and because I feel like I'm losing my boot camp fitness (which is MUCH different than running fitness) a bit more each week. Also, when I am there, my legs and whole body are soooo fatigued from the heavy mileage. All that to say, today I ended up flat on my back.

So, I was doing what is my feeble attempt at the WFBC obstacle course. I think I must have a mental block against doing that course b/c it is one thing that I pretty much suck at. (that and I don't really practice it, and avoid it to the extent that I can)

Attempt 1: feet on wall. feet slip.
Attempt 2: feet a little further up wall. feet slip.
Attempt 3: Casually walk around wall and try to move on with class. Thwarted by Alex. Return to wall.
Attempt 4: feet up wall, hands slip. Fall from wall, land flat on back to the shocked and concerned faces of my fellow bootcampers, Alex, and Ruben. Laugh hysterically. Move on to stairs.

Exhibit A: The wall. Now, imagine me, lying on the floor at the foot of the wall.




So, needless to say, today I was no superstar. As with my wall attempts, my performance for the rest of class also seriously sucked. Too tired to run fast. Legs hurt too much to do jack knives. Legs hurt during bear crawls. But at the same time, I can't quit going to class b/c I love it. For example, I told myself that next week I will skip class in lieu of the 7 miler I'm supposed to run that morning and considering that I also will be running 10 miles on that Friday and 20 miles on that Saturday. I have since decided that I will run the 7 miles in the morning as scheduled and then attend the evening WFBC class. I'm a serious junkie.

Later today I have an easy 4 miler planned. I'm thinking since I will just run over the Brooklyn bridge from work, do another mile or so in Brooklyn and then head back. We will see how that all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment