Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Consistency Month with Warrior Fitness Bootcamp


So, to prepare us for the summer, the boys at Warrior Fitness Bootcamp have made May Consistency Month.  Basically, for every week in May we go to class 4 times, we get a free class.  Also, if you lose 5, 10, or 15 lbs, you can earn 2, 3, or 4 classes respectively.  I know, it probably sounds like TORTURE to some of you non-addicts, but to me it's AMAZING.  It's like being rewarded in my favorite currency for reaching my own goals!  #winning.

I'm pretty sure that I make it to WFBC 3-4 days a week with no incentive at all, so that part of the consistency month is just icing on the cake (that I am not eating b/c I need to drop pounds).  My addiction combined with my fear that if I stop going, I will lose fitness and the Marines will be disappointed, gets me there just fine.  On the other hand, I've been trying to get these last 10-15lbs off for the last 6 months but have failed miserably b/c I just haven't had the willpower.  So I figure, I will go for broke and shoot for collecting 9 free classes. 15 lb weight loss to get me good and ready for Hamptons summer living and 5 consecutive weeks of WFBC 4 times a week.

Today I got a good start.  Showed up for 5:30am bootcamp, ready to be weighed in.  Not sure if it was Alex's scale or the excessive eating I've been doing for the last few weeks, but I am HEAVY.  So, losing 15 lbs should be totally doable. Bootcamp was awesome, per usual.  Alex kicked our asses with the usual pushups, running, stairs, etc---all you could ask for and more.  At one point, we did we did as many squat thrusts as we could in a minute and then 30 seconds.  I did 39 in a minute and 19 in 30 seconds, which I think is pretty respectable.  One of my favorite 5:30 am-ers, Diana, was there, and she definitely helped me keep up the pace.  I really appreciate when other Warriors are there working hard b/c they push me to do my absolute best. 

Diana and I were paired up today for sets of Japanese situps and regular situps.  If there is one thing I HATE, it's Japanese situps but, Alex said to do them, so I had to do them.  25 Japanese situps, followed immediately by 25 regular situps.  So, for those of you who don't go to WFBC, imagine this:  Your partner sits on your feet, hand around your calves and you basically do a sit up and then stand up all in one fluid motion.  Trust me, it aint' easy.  Also, I feel like you can't really appreciate the difficulty unless you actually do it, so please try to bang out 25 of them and let me know how it goes.  For me, it burns the hell of my generally, already sore quads. 

Surprisingly, after bootcamp my quads felt less sore than they did when they started.  (Or maybe they were less sore after I rolled my evil torture stick over them...unclear)  I LOVE it when that happens.  And I REALLY needed to happen because I need to go to bootcamp for the next 3 consecutive days to get my 4 days in this week, plus get a couple runs in plus swim practice on Wednesday and Friday.  I have to cram all the bootcamp in so I can take Saturday off to rest up for a race Sunday.  On Sunday I have the Broad Street run--a 10 mile run in Philly.  More on that tomorrow...

Anyway, that's all for now.  Stay tuned and I will keep you posted on my progress.  I'm hoping I can sneak in and use that Warrior Fitness scale once a week so I have an idea of how things are coming along.

Today's Workout:  Warrior Fitness Bootcamp: 1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment