Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Today's Workout is Brought to You by the Number 55

May 2.  Day 2 of the WFBC consistency challenge.  I had a pretty good day for eating yesterday except for a slice of red velvet cake placed in front of me during the dinner I attended.  I COULD NOT resist.  I'm really into baking and my red velvet cake recipe is allegedly the Waldorf Astoria red velvet cake recipe, so I wanted to see if it tasted the same as mine.  I mean, that qualifies as a good reason to eat cake....right? 

Anyway, this morning I struggled out of bed this morning to run (literally, not figuratively) down to bootcamp.  It takes only about 5 minutes longer to run to bootcamp than it does to take the subway, which is kind of ridiculous given that it's 3 miles from my apartment.  It's a perfect distance for a "warm up" for bootcamp. Little did I know that I probably didn't need the extra running/warm-up today.  Today was Fred (one of the 6:30 am bootcampers)'s 55th birthday.  Needless to say, 55 was the number of the day in class.  55 pushups.  55 jumping jacks.  55 squat jumps.  55 squat thrusts.  55 curls.  55 presses.  EVEN 55 LAPS! (which comes out to almost 2 miles).  At least Alex broke the laps into about 7 laps at a time.  Basically we'd do 55 of another exercise, and then we'd have to do 7 laps.  I was DYING!  In particular, my quads were screaming.  I still think they are unhappy from all the cycling I did last week.

Fred is a rockstar and I hope that when I turn 55 I'm half as fit as he is.  He's probably one of the most consistent bootcampers in the 6:30 am class and does not SLACK.  He works hard every day.  It' s inspiring to be around such committed athletes. 

Just 2 more days of bootcamp this week till I get my free class for week one of May!  Woohoo!


Today's Workout:

3 mile run
1 hour of bootcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment