Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Are you a warrior?

Last week I started going to warrior fitness bootcamp thanks to my friend Shannon and a deal on Gilt City. Today, I finished my 3 class trial and bit the bullet and bought 20 more classes because let's face it, I'm just a fitness junkie that way.

I was late for class today--it starts at 6:30am but because of the icy conditions my cab was moving super slowly and I didn't get there until 6:35. No worries though--55 minutes of bootcamp is plenty. We started class by running the stairs. The gym is on 3 and we ran up to 12 and back. Then I think we did about 50 or so jumping jacks and did some running drills. It turns out sprinting laps around the studio is pretty hard when you do speedwork the day before. The fun continued with series of pushups, squat thrusts, backwards bear crawls around the room, more running, more stairs, crunches and other fun. Then on to the obstacle course.

The obstacle course is really hard for me because let's face it, my upper body strength is lacking. Not to mention my legs were pretty much feeling like jello at this point. The hardest thing for me now is the monkey bars which I really have no hope of crossing at this point. The tallest wall is near impossible for me to scale as well. Oh, and then there is climbing the rope--can't really do that either.

Once we got done with the obstacle course, we teamed up to do 100 partner sit ups with a medicine ball. I honestly wanted to stop after 50 but when you're working with a partner, you have no choice but to keep going. Then, we did a circuit with weights. We each got a body bar or dumbells and did a consecutive ladder (25,20, 15,10, 5) of bicep curls, shoulder presses, and skull crushers, i.e. 25 of each, then 20 of each and so on. Finally we put the weights away, flipped over and did plank until class was over.

I really love warrior fitness bootcamp. We do a lot of the moves that I used to do in kickboxing classes before I started working in 2008 and found it impossible to get to class consistently. I decided to do classes on Monday and Wednesday of each week at least till my 20 pack of classes runs out. I will reevaluate then. For now, I'm a warrior.

Exercise Today:

55 minutes Warrior Fitness Bootcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment