Monday, March 7, 2011

MONKEYBARS!!!!

I've been going to Warrior Fitness Bootcamp for about 6 weeks now and I am definitely feeling and seeing some improvements both in my body and performance. Today was a big day for me though. I worked super late and didn't get into bed until 3am so I was worried about my energy levels--I even slept the extra 15 minutes and took a cab down to class. I needed not worry though because today was my best WFBC class ever. I felt pretty quick on our laps and kept up with Evan, who is probably one of the speediest in the 6:30am class. Then on our 2 minute situp trial I busted out with 95 situps. At that point I was feeling pretty amazing.

So, finally we get to the obstacle course. I dig deep and jump on the first monkeybars and get halfway through them! So, I got across maybe 10 bars that get higher and higher up as they go along. Ruben gave me a hard time for not getting through all of them, but I was ecstatic. Then, when I got to the high wall, I scaled it all by myself and got over and then did it again the second time. Apparently if you work hard and stay consistent, you see improvements!! Now, time to set new goals. I definitely want to get through that 2nd half of the monkeybars in the next 3 weeks. I say 3 because next week is a WFBC-free week in preparation for the half marathon on March 20. Then, I'm going to tackle climbing that old-school gym rope up to the ceiling.

On another note, last week was yet another week of running albeit with some technical difficulties. My heart rate sensor is broken and doesn't work with my watch :( On Wednesday, I ran with Alanna and ipod didnt work. Nonetheless I've been working hard and waiting to see results. Here's a recap:

Tuesday Terrier Tri spin and 3 mile run

Wednesday 5.5 mile easy run with Alanna
3/2 5.5 Miler with Alanna by kelila83 at Garmin Connect - Details

Friday 6 mile tempo run with Terrier Tri and 1 mile (total) warmup and cooldown
3.4 6 mile tempo with Terrier by kelila83 at Garmin Connect - Details

Saturday 14.5 mile long run with Amanda
March 5 14.5 miler by kelila83 at Garmin Connect - Details

Just 2 more weeks till the half! Gotta stay consistent from here till March 20 (except for maybe a mini taper) and hopefully I will kick some ass on this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment