Monday, March 14, 2011

The Taper

A 1/2 marathon is by no means anything approaching the difficulty of a marathon but I'm still cutting down on my workouts this week so that I can have the best race possible. That means no bootcamp and no brick. BORING!!!

This morning I planned to get up and go for a nice easy run in the park by myself. On any other Monday I'd be off to WFBC so that Alex and Ruben could torture me in that extra special way that makes me hate to love them, or love to hate them...unclear. Turns out, I have plenty of motivation to get up at 5:50am to get to bootcamp but NO MOTIVATION to go on an easy run in the park by myself. I snoozed till 8:30am at which time I seriously had to hustle to make it to work on time. FAIL!

So when I got home from work at 10pm I had to change into my gym clothes and go to the gym. Oh yes, the god awful dreadmill. I did 2.5 easy 9-9:30 min/miles then did the last mile at an 8:35 pace. At that point, Equinox was closing so I had to vacate the premises so the folks there didn't give me those evil "I want to leave so can you please get out of here" stares. Being the recipient of those stares is no fun---I used to give those very stares when I worked at the gym in college.

Anyway, pretty boring workout really. As excited as I am for the half marathon, I look forward getting back into bootcamp next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment